Sunday, January 06, 2008

2007 Recap

2007



Reading the paper the other day, they always recap the top stories of the year. Wildfire in California, Bridge collapse in Minneapolis, Virginia Tech, and on and on.

I thought I would go filter through the blog and find what I thought were my "best stories" of the year. Some were pretty recent (in December) so I skipped those. If you don't have time to read it all or if you remember some of these posts, that's fine, skip them. You won't hurt my feelings. :)

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star This is about how I remember seeing stars when I was younger and how I miss seeing stars.

The Nothing -Growing up and having RP slowly eat away my vision.

How Do You Do? Shaking hands is polite, but what if you didn't see the extended hand?

Adventure at the Lake A funny day at the lake.

Invisible Disability Don't judge people.

Sign Language How signs can be different.

Artifical Vision The research that is going on to find a cure for eye diseases.

A Day in My Life A typical day in my life and what I do or avoid or look out for.

You Just Do How do I deal with Usher syndrome?

Talk to Me My audiogram (recording of what my hearing is at) and what I can hear.

Service Dogs and At Your Service This is where I talk about guide dogs for the blind, deafblind and some tips when meeting a guide dog team.

Thanks for stopping by. XOXO

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Mon Jan 07, 09:33:00 AM , Blogger Amrita said...

Good idea to recap the whole year.I will read those posts.

 
At Mon Jan 07, 03:42:00 PM , Blogger Breazy said...

Hey Shari! Great post idea by the way. I will be around more often now, I am no longer working at the hospital so I have more time.

Take care!

 
At Mon Jan 07, 08:51:00 PM , Blogger Hale McKay said...

Hi Shari,

Thanks for the visit and your insightful comments at Verbicidal Tendencies.

It would take someone with your inner strength to be able to express so eloquently "another" word for love.

That simple song has been an inspiration to me since I first heard it 41 years ago.

To me, the author or singer knows other words, but was making the point you made, that love by any other name is still love.

May God bless you.

 
At Tue Jan 08, 12:55:00 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for this shari. You have increased my knowledge very much.

 
At Tue Jan 08, 04:13:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shari,
Anne, here. Looking at "Twinkle, twinkle, Little Star" reminds me of my own past and star-gazing. When I was little, I watched the night sky and enjoyed the stars, meteor showers (in August) and the Northern Lights in winter. When I was in my senior year in college, I signed up for an astronomy class and the first night the class went outside to look at the stars, I realized that I could no longer see them. What a shock!! I dropped out of the class right away, and decided to see an eye-doctor later on. That's wehn I got the bad news. I was 22 yrs. old.
I can still see the moon, if I can aim my tiny island of vision right on it. Takes a bit of scanning to do that. And the brightest planet, Venus, is still visible sometimes, as the "morning star" or "evening star", next to the moon, at dawn or dusk.
Occasionally I have dreams where I can see the stars again, as well as ever, or even better than ever--and it always makes me feel so happy, in the dream, to see them again!!

 
At Tue Jan 08, 04:44:00 PM , Blogger oreneta said...

Shari, thanks for dropping by my sight, from what I have read on your two blogs, I think the roar for powerful words was certainly well deserved. I'll be back.

 
At Tue Jan 08, 05:19:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

Amrita-I thought that was a good idea, too.

Breazy-Great. Missed seeing your posts. Glad you'll have more time.

Hale-Thank you. (blush) It is a hard word to replace with something else.

Laura-You're welcome. This is why I blog. To educate and advocate. :)

Anne-:( I get dreams about "the good ol' days" where I have very good vision. Sometimes I don't want to wake up from that dream because I can see so well. I can still see the moon. Can't miss that. It's a big star. :) I guess we just have to hang on to our memories.

 
At Tue Jan 08, 05:21:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

Orneta-Thank you for stopping by and your nice words. :) Stop by anytime. :)

 
At Wed Jan 09, 06:35:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

Sorry Oreneta, I spelled your name wrong.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home