Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Adventure at the Lake

"A crab pinched her!!" My youngest, Angel, was standing to a little to my left, waving her hand at me.

We were at my sister's for the Fourth of July celebrations. A lot of kids were swimming in the lake.

Angel, my explorer, liked to collect clam shells and snail shells. As usual, she was wading in the shallow water.

"Mom, a crab pinched her!!" She repeated.

She didn't have the look of alarm on her face.

"A crab pinched her!!" I exlcaimed, immediately scanning the water for Flare, but she was swimming in the deeper part of the water, playing with her cousins.

My eyes traveled back towards Angel.

Again, she repeated. "A crab pinched her!!"

I looked for another girl who may have been pinched by a crab.

I remember trying to catch crayfish when I was little. I would step in the area in front of it, and then put a bucket behind it. It would swim backwards into the bucket. They really don't go around attacking. At least I didn't think so. Maybe a kid provoked it??

Now she was waving her hand at me some more.




myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics



I was almost afraid to look at her hand. What if there was a crayfish hanging off of it? It didn't make sense to me, because it there was one there, she'd be crying or someone else would have noticed something.

In her hand was a water-decomposed severed crayfish pincher.

(Whew!)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At Wed Jul 11, 10:28:00 AM , Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

So funny!

 
At Fri Jul 13, 12:18:00 AM , Blogger Karma said...

lol

 
At Fri Jul 13, 12:56:00 AM , Blogger Breazy said...

LOL! I wanted to say bye since I am leaving for the beach on Saturday. I also wanted to tell you that I have tagged you with a fun little meme. lol!

xoxo

 
At Fri Jul 13, 11:56:00 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

That sounds like my kids...rofl! Whenever we go to Red Lobster the kids will get crab legs and then they'll take off the pinchers and pinch each other with them, so we get that a lot!!
Glad you're back...did you have a great week? :)

 
At Sat Jul 14, 08:47:00 AM , Blogger Sue Flaska said...

Kids can just be way too funny!

I checked my email, and didn't see anything. But I was out of town a few days this week so it may have been deleted by my better half.

Can you send me another one?

 
At Sun Jul 15, 06:38:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hilarious ! I can just about imagine your hysteria and the expression on your face after the anti climactic revelation. Kids are wonderful especially at the age yours are !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home