Sunday, February 18, 2007

Artifical Vision

This is the latest information about research on degenerative diseases. Read it here.

Bionic eye.

Here is on on a retinal prosthesis/implant. (I couldn't find a better site. I know it's out there.)

There are so many research ideas out there in search of a cure for degenerative eye conditions.

I think about what the hearing aid can do. It gives the hard-of-hearing (HOH) person "artifical" sound. It's not the true sound of natural sound you hear all the time. I'll take it, though. It's, as I described in an earlier post, tinny, hollow-like.

About Cochlear Implants (CI): Since I don't have a cochlear implant, I will say what others say about the CI. They hear so much better. It's clear. Most don't know why they waited so long to get a CI once they have it.

I am thinking about all the various research devices that are currently being clinically tested out there on eye diseases....if hearing aids can amplify sounds a HOH person hears (but it's not really natural), would the devices that help the eye be natural? Would it be close? Would it be artifical?

Would it be like hearing aids or CIs-better than nothing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home