Saturday, February 17, 2007

You Just "Do"

When I worked full-time, some women who were stay-at-home moms had asked me, "How do you do it? How do clean house and take care of the kids while working?" To which I would shrug my shoulders and reply, "I just do." I worked full-time before having my first-born. Having a baby in the house wasn't too bad. It's a little more work-extra laundry, preparing bottles, and changing diapers, or calming a crying baby. You just do. You manage. (Of course, I had an advantage: If my baby's crying started to wear me down or frustrate me, I just turned off my hearing aids. I couldn't hear the crying so then it didn't upset me.) Having a second child was just a little more work. You just adjust. We're not perfect. We make mistakes. We manage.

Now I just had someone ask me, "How do you do what you do with your limited eyesight?"

Again, I shrug my shoulders and reply, "I just do." What else can I do? I have central vision. I can still read newspapers and magazines. I still clean and do laundry as usual. (I may be bull-headed, though, about accepting "help' because I have a little too much pride-one of the seven deadly sins.) I adjust. I deal with it. Sometimes not so well. I have up and down days. I am human.

I dedicate this post to all full-time working moms and all those who have health conditions or disabilities. Together, we just do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home