Friday, December 14, 2007

The Christmas Stocking

I wrote this last year, but now that Christmas is almost here, I thought I would post it again. :)

Glitter Graphics

When my youngest was three, I was putting up Christmas decorations. I got to the box with the Christmas stockings. Hers was the one with Rudolph on it.

She asked me if that one was hers. I said, “Yep, that’s yours.” I proceeded to hang up the stockings along the railing of our stairway that led up to the second story.

She asked me, “Where is the other one?” I smiled at her and I told her that she only needed one.

A moment later she said that it was too big and it didn’t fit.

I stopped what I was doing to turn around and look at her. She had her little foot in the big stocking and was trying to hop around in it with her hands holding up the stocking over her knees.

I just cracked up. It was so funny. I shook my head at her. “No, no, you don’t wear it. We hang it up for Santa Claus. He fills it up with all kinds of goodies for good girls and boys.”

Ah, kids say/do the cutest things, don’t they?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At Fri Dec 14, 07:53:00 PM , Blogger colleen said...

This seems so familiar. I think my sons did that too when they were little. The stocking idea is a strange one when you look at it from a kid's point of view. I'm visiting by way of Michele's. Your Christmas countdown is making me nervous because it's coming up too fast.

 
At Fri Dec 14, 10:15:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOL @ Where's the other one! That is so darling.

Michele sent me to share in this wonderful motherhood memory. Thanks for putting it out there for us.

 
At Fri Dec 14, 10:18:00 PM , Blogger Amrita said...

oh yes that 's what they will want to do

 
At Fri Dec 14, 11:04:00 PM , Blogger G said...

That's too funny and a cute and darling memory to hold. The world through a child's eyes makes such perfect sense. ~ G

 
At Sat Dec 15, 08:41:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got here from Michele today. Kids do say such cute things. And she did have a point!



rooted
reading room

 
At Sun Dec 16, 05:24:00 PM , Blogger Sherry said...

Love this story Shari...children are precious. Last Christmas my oldest (who is now 19) decided to try on his stocking that he's had since he was a baby...he has size 13 wide feet...it was hilarious!!! So even when they get to be "big kids" they are still precious!

 
At Fri Dec 21, 09:07:00 AM , Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Yes they do.

Like sneaking down in the basement (though they are too afraid to ever go in the basement by themselves) and going into a dark back closet, (that they would never ever, ever be brave enough to go into) and finding their presents.


#)$(&@#)(&!%@)#(!%&)$#%&!

 
At Fri Dec 21, 12:47:00 PM , Blogger Breazy said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

HUGS!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home