Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Power from Within

Sneezing.



from glittergraphics.com


How many times have you tried to stop a sneeze? Sometimes just putting some pressure on the area between your nose and upper lip can stop a sneeze.

I have, on occasion, tried NOT to sneeze because I didn't want to call attention to myself or worse, have the sneeze go away in mid-sneeze. Just the mental image of your face in mid-sneeze is a wee bit embarrassing. Good thing a mirror isn't everywhere.

Sneezes have been clocked at about 100 mph!!

Makes me want to think twice about holding back that sneeze. I just might blow my brains out.

6 Comments:

At Thu Nov 01, 07:25:00 AM , Blogger Laura said...

I remember reading somewhere, as a child, that, if you hold back a sneeze, you are in danger of breaking a muscle in your face. True? I have no idea. But I think of it everytime I sneeze.

 
At Thu Nov 01, 07:43:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

When I was growing up. we had this World Book encyclopedia set. I remember seeing a picture of a man sneezing and a "misty fog" around his face from that sneeze. It mentioned the power of the sneeze and the equivence of speed it had. Off and on, I, too, thought about that almost everytime I sneezed. I never heard about muscles breaking. I thought about ears popping, though.

 
At Tue Nov 06, 10:27:00 AM , Blogger Amrita said...

Before my ear surgery I used to sneeze a lot, thank goodness it has stopped- my family teased me for it and I hated it.

I love your cute graphic.

i have nominated you for my Colors of Friendship Award. i owe a lot to you my friend from across the seas.You 've given me strength and encouragement.

 
At Tue Nov 06, 10:28:00 AM , Blogger G said...

Very good point, so let er rip! A good sneeze does feel, well good.

 
At Wed Nov 07, 05:23:00 PM , Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Sneezes were one of my daughter's worst phobias for a while there (other people's, not hers).

Now she can handle hearing a sneeze without falling apart. It is a huge relief.

 
At Wed Nov 07, 08:11:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

Amrita-Thank you for the award. I am humbled.

My husband almost always has to sneeze three times in a row. I learned not to say. "Bless you" until after the third sneeze.

G-I could do without the really hard sneezes that bring tears to your eyes, though.

Michelle-I am sure it is. She's gone a looonnng way. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home