Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm It!! Not Once, but Twice!!

I got tagged/invited to play a meme-type game. I don't really get into this stuff, though it is interesting to read other blogs that got tagged. I have done a meme or two before.

I got double-tagged, just days apart. One was an "Eight Facts about Me" and the other was "Seven Truths" which I think is basically the same thing, just one less "true fact".

Hello from Julia (3 for 365 blogette) tagged me with Jeu - Juego (the Seven Truths meme).

Here's the rules:

1. Tagged individuals must write seven truths on their blog, as well as the rules of the game.
2. They must then tag seven people and list them in their blog.
3. You must leave a message on the blog of each of the seven and invite them to visit and play.

Okay, here we go, or rather, here I go:

1. I have Usher Syndrome Type 2. I am severely hard-of-hearing and visually impaired. I can speak well and I can still read a 12 point font and do most things. I am almost "normal". I may even fool you for a short time if you didn't know I had Usher, though it is getting harder to do.

2. I am basically shy, but I can be outgoing. It just depends on how comfortable I am with the person I am with and where I am (if it's quiet and well-lit).

3. I am pretty tall at 5' 9" (though for years I thought I was 5'10". but it turns out That either I am shrinking or I was measured wrong-I always had gym shoes on and lately I took the gym shoes off to "lose a few pounds"-lol-viola, I am an inch shorter). I am always surprised when another woman is taller than me, because I don't always bump into many around here. I feel really "short" when I come across a woman who is taller than me. It's a weird feeling. Sometimes there's this telepathy I have with another tall woman, because we understand the "tall woman" thing and think the same thing, like there's this unspoken, mutual understanding, "You're tall, too."

4. I am a world-class worrywart. I worry too much about everything and nothing. I worry about my weight. I worry about how I project myself to others. I worry about what others think (way too much). Sometimes I even hestiate to publish a blog topic because of how it may look to others-am I too whiny, too "oh poor me", or whatever.

5. I am a pushover-a doormat. I hate confrontations. I would rather bury my feelings or give the cold shoulder (or the "evil eye") than to argue, except with the kids. I yell at my kids, but I don't want to pick a fight with anyone else. I think I am getting better at it, though, at speaking up for myself. At least a little. I had very little self-confidence growing up. I felt like I was being criticized a lot as a kid by my siblings, because I was the "baby". I didn't like getting negative attention. Still don't. I am too much of a people-pleaser and very self-c0nscious.

6. I am a country music fan, though I do like a lot soft rock music of the 80s and the 50s and 60s music, too. Ironically, my oldest enjoys listening to country music. How many kids actually like to listen to the same thing their parents do?

7. I love reading and learning. I love books and I love learning. Even though I was an average student in high school, I was a High Honors graduate at the tech college. I may be book smart, but I still need to work on my street smarts. I can be naive about things.

So there you have it. Seven truths about me.


*Rule number three says that I have to tag seven people. See below.


Breazy tagged me for the "Eight Facts about Me" meme.

Here's the rules:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Since I think that this is so similar to the above meme, I am going to just add one more fact about me.

8. I love the color blue. Sapphire. Royal. Turquoise. Lapis. Baby blue. I just love blue. It is said that blue is a calming color. I like to think that blue calms me or that it makes things more comfortable for me or even that I can help calm others.

*Rule number four it says that I have to tag eight people. So because this is so similiar to the first meme, I am going to just tag eight people. I really don't have a lot of people to tag (most have already been tagged). They can choose to write a meme in their blog if they want. I won't hold you to it if you don't want to do the tag.

I tag: Sue, Amalia, Sara, Hillgrandmom, Eileen, G, ...well, I am two bloggers short.

As I said before, I don't have a huge readership (as far as commenters with their own blogs go) and most have already been tagged previously. Half of my readers are googlers looking for information (revelant or not) and happen to hit on my blog. I may have others I could tag, but I know they don't really like memes and some are just good about it. Again, the six I listed here do not have to do a meme if they don't want to. I won't be offended. :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Sun Jul 22, 10:49:00 AM , Blogger Amrita said...

Got to know you some more Shari.Really nice!

 
At Mon Jul 23, 10:13:00 PM , Blogger G said...

What a great meme - very honest and open. And you're tall! I always wish that I was taller. People often think that I am taller than I am but I'm extremely average at 5'4".

Anyway, nice getting to know you a bit more and thanks for tagging me. I will post mine (always takes me a little time to work up to these) and I'll let you know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home