Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter Fan

I am a Harry Potter fan. Tomorrow the final book is released. I will quote Paul Sweeney when I get to the end of the book, "You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." Only in this case, it's final. No more sequels. It will be a kind of a letdown knowing that this is it. Sigh. Only I hope, from the rumors I have heard about two people dying in the book, that they aren't the ones I am attached to. I don't want it to be the end for a beloved character. I can't even think that the author would choose to do it to our favorite. I don't want to "lose my friend". But to paraphrase what the author says, it's the reality of real life, that death happens. Why not in the wizarding world, too? Kids (and adult readers,too) cannot really avoid it. It's a learning process.

On a lighter note, I am only 20% Harry Potter-obsessed, though, according to this quiz. I guess I can live with that. No need to actually carry a wand around casting spells and wearing long black robes, even Gothic-style. Why would I want to buy extra books in a different language? Does sign language count? Lucky for me, I don't have to reread the books; they are still fresh in my mind. I have watched the movies over and over. All in all, being 20% obsessed is good enough for me. I am happy with it.



I also took this quiz just to see how well I knew my trivial facts about Harry Potter. After all, sometimes when you read or watch something, you realize you missed something. (Or is it just me? lol) Anyway, I passed with 100%. I bet you will, too.

I played this Harry Potter quiz below. I got the info from Jennifer. If you are a Harry Potter fan, try it. I was wondering if I even had a character that matched me. I thought for sure I'd be Ron, because I can be spooked easily and I don't like spiders.

It's fun. Can't wait till the book comes out. Tomorrow. Happy Reading!!



Find out your Harry Potter personality at LiquidGeneration!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Sat Jul 21, 09:03:00 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy Harry Potter Day to you!! I know what you mean about not wanting it to be over. I'm anxious to get the book, but I think I'll relax and take my time getting through it...let it end slowly! :)
Have a great weekend! :)

 
At Sat Jul 21, 12:37:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

Yes, do take your time and read it as slowly as you want, savoring the story as it climaxes and unfolds, all the cliffhangers and pieces of the puzzle coming together. But for sure, I will stay away from others who have finidhed the book-no reviews, no spoilers, no nothing. I intend to enjoy the book. I have my own conclusions, but I will wait and see. I don't want anyone spoiling it for me.

 
At Mon Jul 23, 10:16:00 PM , Blogger G said...

I'm Harry Potter...my personality quiz that is! I'll have to try the others later. I haven't read the books - my daughter has, but I must admit it's all rather infectious so I may just have to crack one. I've seen movies 1-3 and part of 5 before above mentioned daughter got a little scared. There's always video.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home