Thursday, March 08, 2007

Deafblind Triplets

I missed the Dr. Phil show the other day. There was an episode about the Deafblind triplets. (I really don’t make a habit of watching all these talk shows or even soap operas, for that matter. I guess it’s a habit from all those years I worked 1st shift. )

But apparently this show was all about entertainment, for the most part. Many who are deafblind were disappointed with the show. But that’s show biz for you, huh?

They had a woman on the show that was blind since the age of 15. There wasn’t a deafblind adult offering some feedback, although she may have had some perspective to offer, but how about the deafness part? Isn’t this what it’s about? It is said that Dr. Phil spent more time discussing the parents feelings about the costs of the care of the triplets and the time they had alone. From sun-up to sun-down, their lives revolved around the triplets. Granted, it’s not an easy life.

I don’t know about you, but I would think that an adult deafblind person on the show could have offered a much better perspective for the parents.

Thanks to all parents who stick by their disabled child(ren). Again, it's not easy. I give them a lot of credit for standing by their child(ren) and making the most of the blessings God has given them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home