Friday, July 11, 2008

Post-Trip

When I returned home from my mini-vacation, I guess I needed a vacation to recover from my vacation. Hee. That's one long road trip.

The girls had fun. Jetskiing. Motorcycling. Hubby brought along the game he bought at the "Man's Store" that's gaining popularity called "Lasso Golf." It's a backyard-type game that looks like a vertical ladder with three rungs and a two-ended golfball-like balls are held together by a rope. I say, why not whip the things in the air like you do when lassoing and then throw it? But you just throw it like you are pitching a softball. It's fun and anyone can play.

Since I am left-handed, I am always discovering things I can do with my right hand. Why? I don't know. I write and eat with my left hand. I used to play tennis with my left hand. But everything else, it's my right hand. I throw darts, toss balls, and bowl with my right hand and can't do it with my left. Go figure.

You know that saying that goes something like, "If the right side of the brain is controlled by the left side, then left-handed people are in their right minds?" Well, I think I'm screwed. LOL.

Here's some pictures of Flare and Angel on Grampa's big toy. The girls are going to turn into biker chicks.






and here's one with Angel on a jetski:





(Thank you, C., for sending me these pixs.)

After returning home from our trip, I got that vaccine I needed to take. I think that any "under the weather thing" I was feeling was all in my head. (Believe me, I've got enough up there besides air.) I am fine now. I am still a bit stuffed-up, but then I am always that way when I wake up. It clears up in a couple of hours.

When I called, (yes, with my better ear I can do okay on the phone, again, it depends on the voice and on the topic. I HAVE to know what the speaker is talking about in order to understand anything on the phone. I can pretty much predict what will be asked for a clinical visit to get a shot.)

I told the receptionist that I needed to get the vaccine two weeks before the surgery. It's to prevent meningitis. I needed the Pneumovox 23 shot.

So the girls and I headed out to the hospital. The nurse was going to give me the meningitis shot. I had my prescription with me. It said Pneumovax 23. She says, "This is not the meningitis shot you said you wanted."

Oh. BLOND MOMENT. "Does it have something to do with meningitis?"

The nurse frowned at me and placed a call to the facility where I was going to get the surgery done. "Yep, it's only the P 23. "

Okay. (It does get confusing when you know that meningitis is a concern with CI-cochlear implant patients.)

Well, at least I know it's the right one. I still have soreness in the area of the shot, but otherwise I'm good. This shot is a lifetime shot. No more shots are needed. Yay. I hate shots with a passion. Of course, I would rather get a shot than to take a pill. Go figure.

Well, that's it for now.

OXOX

P.S. Happy Birthday, Hubby. Love ya.

7 Comments:

At Fri Jul 11, 11:42:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would rather get a shot than take a pill.....No I cannot figure that one out.....
Glad you got it done .
Loved the pictures.
HUGS Molly CC

 
At Sat Jul 12, 07:26:00 AM , Blogger Amrita said...

Happy birthday to your husband

 
At Sat Jul 12, 07:29:00 AM , Blogger Shari said...

Molly-I have a hard time swallowing pills. I take a sip of water, throw in the pill, and my throat tightens up. I start gagging. Pills and I are mortorous enemies.

Amrita-Thanks.

 
At Sat Jul 12, 11:51:00 AM , Blogger Kila said...

My boys like the game you mentioned. I saw it on sale at "the man's store" and almost bought one.

My youngest boy uses both his left and right hand for many things--I find it quite interesting. And he's about the most well-rounded person I know, LOL.

Hmm, shot or pill, that's a tough one. I dislike them equally, I think.

 
At Sat Jul 12, 09:01:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No PILL first. Then swallow lots and lots and lots of water.

When I was little, I would squeeze my whole body so tight getting that shot. In my mid 30's I was in the hospital. Had to have a last minute shot. Did not have time to get nervous or tightened up. Nurse popped me one. Ummmm not that bad.....
Ohhhh the fears......
But I am still not that brave..... LOL Molly CC

 
At Mon Jul 14, 08:31:00 AM , Blogger Beth said...

I'm home from vacation too - and will need another vacation to recover from all the things that piled up on my TO DO list while I was away!
Hope the arm soreness goes away soon. Wonderful that the shot is a lifetime one...

 
At Mon Jul 14, 08:57:00 AM , Blogger Shari said...

Molly,

I take a sip, throw a pill into my mouth, take another sip, and my throat automaticaly closes up and I have to swqllow really hard. Sometimes I do gag. Other times I can feel it go gown my throat. Ugh.

Beth-Vacations. When a vacation is planned, you gotta have another two days off when you return home to catch up on laundry and stuff. And RELAX. :)

Hope you catch up on everything. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home