Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Miscellaneous

The girls and I were done shopping at a store that sold religious-related things and had to cross a boulevard to get the mall. Once we stepped outside, it was sprinkling lightly. I started walking faster and said, “Let’s walk faster so we don’t get wet.”

Angel says wryly, “Mo-om, we ARE getting wet.” I had to laugh at that.

“Yes, but if we hurry, we won’t get as wet as we would have walking slower. “

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While at Payless Shoes, the retail clerk says, “Buy one, get one half off of any shoe in the store.”

I say, “Which half? Right or left shoe?” Hee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got my Pneumovox 23 shot as a precautionary pre-op thing for the CI surgery. Arm is stiff and sore. I swear I am going to come down with something because of that vaccine.

Oh, well. Hope not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Onyx: Hubby thought she didn’t like the water too much. Never really went swimming. She stuck to the shore and got out. This time, he scooped water over her back and coaxed her into the deeper water. Once her paws didn’t touch bottom, she instinctively swam. After that, she was hooked.

When we were ready to leave, she DID NOT want to leave. LOL. She never really disobeyed Hubby before. She loves the water now. Like a kid who doesn't want to leave an amusement park, she seemed to say, "I want to stay here. This is fun."

6 Comments:

At Wed Jul 09, 11:19:00 AM , Blogger Breazy said...

I hope you don't get sick because that would just postpone surgery.

I love the water too!

 
At Wed Jul 09, 02:33:00 PM , Blogger Abbie said...

I hope you don't come down with anything! Do you have your coming home outfit picked out?

 
At Wed Jul 09, 09:57:00 PM , Blogger Amrita said...

Hi Shari, nice reading you are doing good. Take care

 
At Wed Jul 09, 10:34:00 PM , Blogger Kila said...

Oh, that first store you mentioned is one of my favorites :)

I hope you are feeling well!

Congrats to Onyx for learning how to swim! (In the fall will she swim to retrieve ducks?)

 
At Wed Jul 09, 11:41:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would've been fun to watch Onyx swim and loving it. LOL Guess you have to build a pool in your backyard so everyone can swim!!!!! But clean the pool, oh noooooo!!!!! Glad you had your vaccine. You will be fine.
Hang in there!!!! Molly CC

 
At Fri Jul 11, 10:25:00 AM , Blogger Nessa said...

Is that why I have some many one and a half sets?

I think the same way when getting caught in the rain.

Onyx teaches us a good lesson - try it, you might like it; D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home