Saturday, July 05, 2008

Surgery Date!!!!

Okay, some of you have been anxiously waiting for my CI (cochlear implant) surgery date.

I need it like I need another hole in my head.

Wait. I AM getting another hole in my head when they drill a hole through my skull to insert the electrodes.

Soon I will be joining the ranks of other CI users (a.k.a cyborgs or bionic women).

Okay, hang on to your hats and stay on the edge of your seats.

Envelope please....




Oops. Dropped it...




Surgery date is




July 2....3!! JULY 23. (I was going to put down July 22 + 1, hee).

I guess the hospital only wanted to schedule it on Wednesdays. I was given a choice of August 6 or July 23. I just want it over with.

Yes, I am a little nervous and probably will be even more nervous as each day gets closer to the surgery date. (No, I don't want to think about it.)

Talk to you later. OXOX

Labels:

10 Comments:

At Sat Jul 05, 11:37:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO COOL!! I screamed and clapped when I read your news! :) (You kept me in suspense though!!)

It's not the exact same day but it's close enough to practically be...I still consider us to be CI surgery buddies. :D Yay, Shari -- I'm so happy you finally got a date set!

Hugs,

Wendi

 
At Sun Jul 06, 05:02:00 PM , Blogger Kila said...

It's exciting, and a relief, to have an actual date scheduled! Counting down the days...

 
At Sun Jul 06, 07:09:00 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

Shari! That is great news! I have another friend getting her implant on the 22nd! Will think good thoughts for you!

Hope you had a great 4th! Laurie

 
At Sun Jul 06, 09:08:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Standing ovation!!!!!! Ohhhhhh how exciting. But.... stay calm too. Let your daughters know how to help you. HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!! Visit soon, Molly CC

 
At Sun Jul 06, 10:01:00 PM , Blogger Amrita said...

Pray everything goes ll Shari

 
At Mon Jul 07, 12:01:00 PM , Blogger Becky said...

That's great news, Shari!

That's a great way of thinking about it...that you're becoming a BIONIC WOMAN!

I just prayed that everything would go well for you with the surgery, and that you wouldn't have any anxiety about it, and no complications of any kind.

 
At Mon Jul 07, 02:46:00 PM , Blogger Breazy said...

Good! I will be praying for you.

 
At Tue Jul 08, 08:06:00 AM , Blogger Abbie said...

Congratulations!!!!! I'm putting you down in my calendar! :)

Boy, July is a busy month for surgeries! There is three other bloggers having surgeries that same week.

 
At Tue Jul 08, 12:57:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

Thanks, everyone. All I can hope for is a safe and successful surgery. I don't want to think about the recovery part. Just the outcome. :)

 
At Tue Jul 08, 10:26:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shari, I got two more Usher gals getting their 2nd C I. One is in Aug and other in Sept. Prayers for alllll my Usher friends!!!!! HUGS, Molly CC

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home