Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Adventure by the Lake

I posted this last year, but I wanted to share this again. Independence Day is coming.

"A crab pinched her!!" My youngest, Angel, was standing to a little to my left, waving her hand at me.

We were at my sister's for the Fourth of July celebrations. A lot of kids were swimming in the lake.

Angel, my explorer, liked to collect clam shells and snail shells. As usual, she was wading in the shallow water.

"Mom, a crab pinched her!!" She repeated.

She didn't have the look of alarm on her face.

Did I hear that right?

"A crab pinched her!!" I exlcaimed, immediately scanning the water for Flare, but she was swimming in the deeper part of the water, playing and laughing with her cousins.

My eyes traveled back towards Angel.

Again, she repeated. "A crab pinched her!!"

I looked for another girl who may have been pinched by a crab.

I remember trying to catch crayfish when I was little. I would step in the area in front of it, and then put a bucket behind it. It would swim backwards into the bucket. They really don't go around attacking. At least I didn't think so. Maybe a kid provoked it??

Now she was waving her hand at me some more.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics



I was almost afraid to look at her hand. What if there was a crayfish hanging off of it? It didn't make sense to me, because it there was one there, she'd be crying or someone else would have noticed something.

In her hand was a severed water-decomposed crayfish pincher.

(Whew!)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At Tue Jul 01, 06:43:00 PM , Blogger Breazy said...

LOL! That is a cute story Shari. I hope y'all had fun at the lake.

Have a good day!

 
At Wed Jul 02, 01:27:00 AM , Blogger Casdok said...

You had me going there!!
Lol!! And whew!

 
At Wed Jul 02, 07:55:00 AM , Blogger Nessa said...

Great summer story.

 
At Wed Jul 02, 08:20:00 AM , Blogger Shari said...

Breazy-I could see the amusement of the situation so I just had to share it again. I hope you have a good time on your vacation.

Casdok-LOL. Happy endings are the best.

Nessa-Thanks. I like remembering these moments.

 
At Wed Jul 02, 10:42:00 AM , Blogger Kellan said...

Oh, what a great story!

Nice to see you yesterday - thanks for coming by. Hope to see you again soon - Kellan

 
At Thu Jul 03, 12:29:00 AM , Blogger Kila said...

LOL

Have a nice holiday weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home