Thursday, January 10, 2008

Makeover

Glitter Graphics

I have been wanting to change the colors of this template for some time. I tinkered with it. I switched to this template because I liked it better than my old one, but I still wanted the darker background for others with RP (or other vision problems) who may like to read this blog to have contrast. I looked at the other choices I had for templates and didn't like them. So the only option I had was go "behind the scenes" and tinker with the HTML code. The last few days I had the time to do it since Christmas is over the the pressures of school is behind me. I almost completed my makeover a few days ago, but I had a couple of "blemishes" to work through. I enlisted the help of a friend. I overlooked something. It was more that I thought it didn't work. So I went back into the HTML gibberish. This is the result. It isn't exactly what I wanted, but it's close enough.

Some people with RP need a dark background with a white or yellow font to be able to read better. I can still read with a white background with a black font. Some blogs have a dark background and they put a red or blue font in it and I can't read those so I just highlight them. I don't complain.

Some of them (those with RP) need to have the font increased. They get a software called Zoomtext. It can increase the font size and change colors of the font and/or background. Some may also have a CCTV (closed circuit TV). Some can't read a book anymore. They can scan a page of a book on the CCTV and the page appears on the computer in a larger font.

Technology is always there to help the disabled. It can be expensive. For us, we need one for our hearing (i.e., hearing aids, FM system) and our low vision (i.e., canes, CCTV). That can add up.

I may continuously change the formatting of this blog to fit the needs of others. Thank you.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At Thu Jan 10, 07:02:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Royal blue background and white letters are fine with me........Molly CC

 
At Thu Jan 10, 09:04:00 PM , Blogger Breazy said...

You have been tagged my friend! I normally don't do memes but this one was fun, you don't have to do it if you don't want to, I will understand but if you do decide to participate, leave me a comment to let me know so I can check it out.

 
At Thu Jan 10, 09:18:00 PM , Blogger contemporary themes said...

Wow. That is so good to know. Glad you were able to tinker with the html and get close to what you were wanting!

Blessings to you. La La

 
At Fri Jan 11, 08:21:00 AM , Blogger Amrita said...

I like your makeover. No problem with reading the text. I have trouble with dark colors on a dark text, or small font.
You are very considerate.
Thank you.

 
At Fri Jan 11, 02:06:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

Molly-I'm glad you are okay with it. Let's see how yellow works in another post.

Breazy-I'll see what I can do. I have done several of these memes. I'll see if there's more to share.

La La-Thanks for stopping by. Yes, it's close. I still may tweak it some more. My daughter doesn't like it; she liked it the way it was. We have to make and adjust to change all the time.

Amrita-Glad you are able to read this better. Dark font on dark is hard for me, too. I just saw a blog with red font on black. Forgot where-it was hard to read. I just highlighted it. :)

 
At Fri Jan 11, 07:22:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shari,
Anne, here. If you made changes, I can't even see what they are! My son set up my computer for me to have white enlarged text on a black background. Since he did these "blindness settings", as he calls them, I don't begin to know how one changes them around. I do have problems with some websites (not yours, by the way) using these settings, as it makes some details become invisible on those sites, even to the fully sighted! But it works for most sites. I think that it is good to reduce blue as much as possible, as blue light is supposed to be the most harmful to delicate retinas (afte ultra-violet, of course).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home