Sunday, March 18, 2007

Through Deaf Eyes

If you are interested in watching a documentary called "Through Deaf Eyes" which is about Deaf life and how they view things, it will be on PBS (airing on Wednesday, March 21, at 9 p.m.)Check your local listings. It is about two hours long.

It is a 200-year journey of American Deaf history.

It will explore experiences of the Deaf in regards to family relationships, schooling, employment, and how they interact publicly with hearing people and Deaf people.

It will give you an “inside” look at how Deaf people react to the world and how they look at things.

I am not culturally Deaf. I am very much in the hearing world, but I do respect the viewpoints the Deaf have. I think that learning about Deaf history is so interesting.

It’s just too bad that there was, and perhaps still is, some oppression. (Like there is with so many other cultures because of their religion or customs.)

1 Comments:

At Wed Mar 21, 08:24:00 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

I enjoy documentaries. This one sounds interesteting. I'll watch it tonight.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home