Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!!


This press release offers hope to those who have certain diseases such as Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, spinal cord injuries and retinal disorders (like RP/Usher Syndrome). I am surprised it didn't mention diabetes. Wasn't there something about stem cells helping those with diabetes?

I haven't lost hope for a cure. I do hope there is one in my lifetime.

I am torn with the use of stem cells. Is it ethical? Is it moral? Is it okay as long as it is from adult stem cells?

The article did state that they are working on alternative "therapeutic approaches" so they don't have to use stem cells. That would take care of my dilemma.

I am just going to see where this goes, too.

There's so much talk about the retinal chip and gene therapy, too.

Only time will tell.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Wed May 02, 09:44:00 PM , Blogger robkroese said...

I don't understand why they can't just use umbilical stem cells. Are there not enough of them? My dad has Alzheimer's, and I'm afraid they're going to have to work fast to do him any good.

 
At Thu May 03, 12:58:00 PM , Blogger Suzy said...

Hopefully there WILL be a cure soon.

Shari- you should try and get one of Jennifer's workshops in Portland OR or CT?
It is AMAZING!!
Thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home