Thursday, March 29, 2007

Another Update on the New Hearing Aids

I am definitely getting used to them now. I still get a strange echo when the toilet flushes or when the microwave dings. The sound kind of lingers. More feedback.

The doorbell is much clearer. The doorbell for the front door has a different sound than the one for the back door, but I keep forgetting which sound is which so I always get the wrong door.

I can hear the phone ring.

Other than that, the girls' voices are getting familiar again. I can hear the voices on the TV when I am not looking at it or reading the closed captioning. I could have the TV behind me and I could make out what they are saying. Not 100%, but more than usual.

I still cannot localize traffic. I hear vehicles, but I don't know which direction they are coming from. I have to scan for them. Sometimes I hear a car and then see it going in the opposite direction and wonder where it came from because I know it didn't pass me. (Unless it came out of driveway behind me and turned in the other direction.) But because one ear is almost deaf, I don't think that it would ever change. I would always hear with my good ear and think everything I hear is on that side.

I am just glad that the girls' voices sound like, well, like them.

As I am sitting here in front of the computer, I can hear the TV in the next room. I couldn't do that with my old hearing aids.

Now, how about retina aids?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Thu Mar 29, 11:31:00 PM , Blogger Sue Flaska said...

What a blessing to hear your girl's voices again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home