Thursday, January 18, 2007

I've Got Style

I was tagged by Sara. I have to make a list of 10 things that define my style. I really like how Sara made a theme of shoes and boots with hers. I hope I did this right.

Defining my style:

1. Family: I love my family. I love my girls. I love my husband. I love my siblings. I love my mom. Family is important to me. They’re always there to listen, to support, and help me and each other.

2. Hugs: I like to hug the people I am close to. It’s like an adrenaline booster shot. It’s my way to show I care.

3. Chocolate: I have a weakness when it comes to chocolate. I often hear chocolate call my name. It’s a soothing, rich-flavored comfort “food.”

4. Comfort: I like being comfortable. I always wear jeans or sweatpants. And a good pair of running shoes that fit well .I don’t like to dress-up for too long. I rarely wear make-up.

5. Hearing aids: I wear HAs every day. I cannot hear very well without them. It helps to amplify sounds so I can distinguish them better. I still have problems with low voices (mostly male). I like to listen to the leaves rustle in the wind. I like to hear a child’s giggle. I like to listen to a dog’s excited bark. I like to listen to soft rock, country, and music of the ‘80s. I am glad I am able to enjoy these things.

6. Walking/exercise: I want to stay healthy. I believe this is the most important thing I can do for myself. Heart disease and adult-onset diabetes run in the family. I want to take care of my body.

7. Reading: I love to read. I like reading other blogs. It’s like opening a door to another world, another life far different than my own, though it seems like we are alike in a lot of ways.

8. Writing: I like to write poetry. It takes some time for me to create one, but if I think about it, it comes together. It’s like someone (perhaps an angel?) whispered in my ear and helped me water the seed and make it grow into a poem. I love blogging. It gives me an outlet to hone my writing skills and share the blogging world my thoughts and frustrations.

9. Dogs: I have had dogs as pets for as long as I can remember. I lived out in the country on a small lake. I loved walking the dogs and swimming with them. They were, for the most part, well-behaved. I would like to get a dog again, but one that is house-broken. I don’t have the patience for potty-training. I just love dogs, though.

10. Soft-hearted and Laid-back: I am a real softie. When I get to a sad part at movies or when reading a book, I cry. I “ooh” and “ahh” over babies and baby animals. I am easy-going. I am not the kind of person who blows up at every little thing that goes wrong.


I tag Sue, hillgrandmom, and Amalia.

3 Comments:

At Thu Jan 18, 11:00:00 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Hello fellow 'softie'! I'm like that too. I can get emotional at the drop of a hat ... softies unite! :-)

 
At Thu Jan 18, 11:15:00 PM , Blogger Karma said...

Great list! Thanks for checking out my blog...and we both have a second blog to notice 3 good things every day.

 
At Fri Jan 19, 11:56:00 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Hi Shari, thanks for doing this tag. I like your descriptions of the sounds you love. In a way you probably 'hear' better than most people with normal hearing because you are so aware how precious sound is, whereas I'm sure so many people take it for granted.

I have thought a lot about your comments when I posted about my dad dying, how we all have things to deal with but they make us who we are. I have been thinking lately that often the things we think are 'bad' often end up being the more positive things in our lives whereas we can often be disappointed in those things we thought we wanted. I don't know if this makes sense.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home