Tuesday, February 05, 2008


Thank you to all who shared information about CIs. I probably won't say too much more about CIs till I know when our health insurance authorizes it (within six weeks to two months) and how much we will be left paying. I am pretty much leaning toward one CI brand at the moment, but until the next appointment (when news about the insurance authorization comes through), I'll be checking out the dummy models of Advanced Bionics and Cochlear and see how I like wearing one or the other. I think comfort is key here, too.

CI users of both brands are happy with their choices, so I know I'll be happy with whatever choice I make.

In the meantime, I'll be visiting the newly implanted bloggers and reading their experiences with the first activations and subsquent mappings.

Again, thank you all.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At Wed Feb 06, 10:57:00 PM , Blogger contemporary themes said...

Rooting for you. Hope the insurance provides all the coverage you need.

Blessings.

 
At Thu Feb 07, 11:36:00 PM , Blogger Breazy said...

Once again, good luck with all of it!

Hope you are doing well!

 
At Fri Feb 08, 08:45:00 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

I had a terrible time with insurance. I had over 7 denials because I made a choice for bilateral. I wanted one surgery, one time. My insurance did not cover bilateral, so it took over a year to get it approved. If you have problems with your insurance, visit letthemhear.org. That is all they do, appeal insurance denials for cochlear implants(free). I hope you don't need them.
valerie

 
At Fri Feb 08, 10:20:00 PM , Blogger Shari said...

La La and Breazy, thanks. :)

CI Girl-Thanks for your input. I hope insurance goes through. Thanks for the referral. I'll check them out if I get denied.

 
At Tue Feb 12, 10:36:00 PM , Blogger G said...

I have some catching up to do, but firstly I want to wish you good luck.

Hope all is well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home