Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Recovery is Sweet

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics



I have been sick the past weekend. My youngest was sick on Friday and I must have gotten it from her. I was hoping it wasn't pneumonia or bronchitis. I rarely get chest colds; I get the sinus kind. (This is the second time in three months I got a chest cold. The things a child can bring home from school...does it have to be germs?)

Two days of the nasty stuff (NyQuil) seemed to do the trick. I have been living on orange juice, water, and soup. It was painful to swallow, but for some reason, the orange juice coated my throat and it didn't feel as sore.

This morning, still feeling weak, I manage to do a yoga workout (via DVD) with Denise Austin. She says "open your chest". My chest was a host to germs. I did not have an "Open" sign for the little bugs to attack my lungs.

When I tried to make my youngest more comfortable and lied down on her bed with her, did these germs think, "Oooh, more room to party over here." So she got better and I was the unwilling party hostess.

Opening my chest, filling it with air, and stretching the muscles around my healing chest felt good.

I still feel remainders of the germfest. I am sure I will be back to normal soon.

I manage to sweep the floors. It's amazing how much dirt can pile up in the house in four days. Ugh. Broken chips under the table, likely crumpled into bits and trianglar paper littered around a child's chair like confetti from a snowflake masterpiece-all magically disappears into the garbage. (Sometimes I swear my kids think the house cleans itself.)

I feel myself getting stronger. I clean the bathroom. I vacuum. I change the bedsheets. I open windows to get stale air out (germy air).

Breathing in without a cough...I have to remember not to complain so much when I am healthy.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Wed May 16, 12:19:00 AM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

Goodness. Yoga with chest issues? I have to be at the top of my game to tackle yoga. I'm impressed.

Do feel better and keep hitting the soup.

 
At Wed May 16, 11:29:00 AM , Blogger robkroese said...

Glad you're feeling better. Don't let Denise work you too hard.

 
At Thu May 17, 09:49:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

MCC says: Please take it easy.

 
At Thu May 17, 10:58:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Poor you Shari..hope you're absolutely recovered. Chest colds and coughs can be so nasty . Drink lots of water to get the toxins out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home