Thursday, April 03, 2008

Abuzz

Whoa. I thought there'd be a lot of buzzing among the Deaf community about the Cold Case episode. I do not know all the "rules" of Deaf Culture.

I learned some things, like a suspect of a murder cannot interpret for other suspects (conflict of interest). That does make sense.

As usual, we know that the media thrives on drama and TV/movies are no different. They aren't going to do a lot of digging to get things "right".

I am not going to say much about it because, like I said, I don't know a lot about Deaf Culture. I don't want to step on anyone's toes here. I am too much of a peace keeper and I don't like arguing.

This link can lead you to other blogs about how the Deaf feels about the episode and the negative image it casts on them.

2 Comments:

At Thu Apr 03, 11:58:00 AM , Blogger Amrita said...

You know today I wrote a check with red ink. Since I am color blind to many colors I did not know and the accountant at the bank checked me. i apologized and he overlooked my error.

 
At Fri Apr 04, 11:54:00 AM , Blogger Breazy said...

I missed the show and I had every intention of watching it but we have been so busy this week.

Hope you are doing well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home